Our experts have deep dived into shea butter testing and trying quite a few brands. We have selected the ones we loved the most, and of course Amazon users appear to be on the same page!
Best Face, Hair and Body Shea Butter Cream
Sky Organics 100% Pure Unrefined Raw African Shea Butter for Face and Body Moisturizing Natural Body Butter for Dry Skin
Sky Organics Shea butter is an excellent, all organic compound for promoting hair and skin health. It can be applied topically for moisturizing, repair, and softening of the hair and skin. Our 100% organic and natural shea butter can be used on any part of the body when applied topically. It is great for dry and cracked skin, feet, hands, face, hair, and more.
Sky Organics Shea butter cream is helpful in treating a wide variety of health and skin related issues as well. When applied topically, shea butter cream can help treat: stretch marks, skin conditions such as psoriasis or eczema, scars, blisters, and sunburns.
- 100% organic and natural shea butter.
- Ethically and naturally sourced.
- Cream form, which is easier to use and apply than raw hardened shea butter.
- Customer satisfaction guaranteed.
GREEN LEAF Naturals African Shea Butter – Raw Unrefined – 100% Pure for Hair and Skin – Smooth and Creamy for DIY Recipes
GREEN LEAF Naturals Shea butter creams are an excellent addition to any skin care and beauty routine. In cream form, shea butter can be more easily applied to dry or damaged skin, as well as hair. This allows you to use it as a lotion, or a leave in hair conditioner. Shea butter is packed with essential vitamins that promote healthy regeneration of skin cells and hair follicles. That is why it is one of the best natural compounds for healthy and happy hair and skin.
This shea butter cream by GREEN LEAF Naturals is made from 100% natural and organic shea butter that has been ethically sourced. You can rest assured that you are getting only the best in quality and service from us. You can look forward to vibrant, healthy, and shining skin and hair when you use our shea butter cream!
- 100% natural shea butter.
- Great for hair and skin health and restoration.
- Suitable for face, body, and hair.
- Customer satisfaction is always guaranteed!
Best Raw Shea Butter
Yellow Brick Road 100% Raw Unrefined Shea Butter -African Grade a Ivory 1 Pound
Yellow Brick Road 100% raw unrefined shea butter is the fully unadulterated experience. Unlike creams or topical compounds, it contains no other additives outside of the raw experience. Extracted directly from the nuts of the African shea tree, this raw shea butter is exactly like you would find it in the wild.
Raw shea butter by YBR is excellent for a wide range of uses. It can be used to make your own organic shea butter creams, body scrubs, sugars, balms, moisturizers, lotions, soaps, deodorants, masks, hair conditioners, and so much more! The possibilities are endless with how you can use shea butter in its raw and unaltered form. It can even be used topically in it’s raw and natural state! The Raw and unrefined is a great shea butter for hair.
- 100% natural and raw shea butter.
- Tons of essential vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin E, and Vitamin F.
- Pure unrefined brick form for easier use in your own shea butter concoctions.
- Customer satisfaction is always guaranteed!
Best Shea Butter Shampoo
SheaMoisture Moisture Retention Shampoo for Dry, Damaged or Transitioning Hair Raw Shea Butter to Hydrate Hair
SheaMoisture Shea butter shampoo allows you to restore and repair dry and damaged hair, as well as protect your hair from future damage. Shea butter is an all natural organic compound that is packed with essential vitamins to help fortify your fragile and naturally frizzled hair. No matter what your hair type is, shea butter shampoo can help to moisturize, repair, and retain that vibrant shine and lush look you deserve.
With the shampoo by SheMoisture, their shea butter shampoo uses only 100% natural shea butter from the shea nut tree. It is prepared and bottled with you and your hair in mind. For best results you should pair it with natural and organic shea butter conditioner. We have evaluated SheaMoisture products to be some of the very best shea butter for hair.
- Fortifies and repairs hair that has been damaged or dried.
- Helps retain moisture longer for a happier and healthier look.
- Great for all hair types.
- Shampoo is blended with shea butter alongside other healing and restorative compounds for best results.
Best Shea Butter Conditioner
SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Restorative for Dry, Damaged Hair Conditioner For Dry, Damaged or Transitioning Hair
SheaMoisture does it again for us with their shea butter conditioner. It is the perfect compliment to your hair care routine. With all natural shea butter, this conditioner helps to moisturize and bring life to even the driest of hair. It keeps your hair looking fresh and tangle free all day, every day. This shea butter conditioner can be used as a rinse out or a leave-in conditioner.
SheaMoisture’s shea butter conditioner is an all natural blend of organic shea butter and other hair restorative compounds. For best results we recommend combining use with organic shea butter shampoo.
- Rinse out or leave in, this conditioner fits your lifestyle!
- Helps moisturize and repair dry and damaged hair.
- Great for all hair types.
- Brings volume and shine to your hair every day.
- Conditioner is blended with all natural shea butter alongside other healing and restorative compounds for best results.
Buying Guide: How Shea Butter Helps Your Hair
First, What is Shea Butter?
Shea butter comes from a shea butter tree. For hundreds of years we’ve used shea butter for cosmetic purposes, and nowadays it is still widely used in the beauty care industry to handle all kinds of things from a baby’s skin to someone whose skin is dry or wrinkled. Why? Shea butter is loaded with lots of nutrients, including vitamins and essential fatty acids.
The shea nuts used to produce our shea butter are gotten from female owned producers living in Burkina Faso and Ghana in areas where they farm for a living. The nuts are produced based on long honored traditions where they are melted underneath a wood burning fire , then they get cooled down.
Incredible Advantages of Shea Butter for Your Hair
Shea butter has lots of advantages for your hair. It is very inspiring to list all of the things it can do to benefit your hair care needs:
Shea butter for your hair functions as an excellent sealant so your hair stays hydrated. It’s a main ingredient that makes shea butter in hair feel all soft and silky.
Shea butter delivers a powerful divine experience. Because it’s thick and has great viscosity, shea butter must get rubbed in well so it can work to help your hair. Once rubbed in, it stays and starts working to make your hair healthy and strong.
By preserving or restoring your hair’s natural oils and yet not stripping out what’s there already, using shea butter will help encourage your follicles to grow. It even acts as an anti inflammatory.
Shea butter for your hair is additionally a terrific way to fight frizzy hair because it has smoothing abilities. If you use products permeated with shea butter, it will coat the hair strands as well as soothe the scalp, thus fixing the frizz right at its source.
Just like shea butter assists in protecting your skin from the heat and cracking, it’s also a terrific way to protect your hair from the heat. That’s since it produces a barrier onto the hair which works as a healthy alternative to using those chemical heat protection products, plus additionally assists in protecting you from UV rays.
When and Why you Should Use Shea Butter on Hair
There’s lots of reasons you ought to use shea butter in hair. The way you use it is dependent on what kind of condition your hair is in.
1. If your hair is dirty, try using a shampoo without sulfates such as shea butter and sandalwood shampoo. The shea butter acts like a delicate fragrant massage if your scalp is dry. It is great to use on hair that’s curly as well. It adds volume so your curls are perkier. And also, your hair will not feel all dried out or weighty.
2. If your hair has dry ends and you also want a method of managing your hair care needs with ease, why not try some nourishing conditioner for smoothing out your hair. Shea butter is able to seal in the moisture, thus your hair stays nourished and smooth. It also is very relaxing and stays hydrated, plus your curls and waves will feel extra soft as well.
3. A mild, no-sudsy wash could be a good choice if you want a quick treatment that’s still very effective. Shea butter and sandalwood mild cleansing conditioner blends into your hair uniformly just like doing a two-in-one treatment. That one time application gets rid of any buildup and makes your hair bouncy, no matter if you have several days in between washes.
Shea butter is quite strong and can be used all over your body from top to bottom. Therefore, why is it so good to use in your hair? Shea butter for your hair is succulent and it’s a fine thing to add to your hair care regimen so it gets extra nourishment, hydration, and great protection for your hair. We find shea butter to be even better than coconut oil in adding moisture and bringing out your natural hair beauty.