Red hair doesn’t grow naturally very often. When it does, it’s usually far more of an orange than actually red. In order to get the healthy and vibrant red color, you need the right dye and treatments.
With the best red hair dye, you can quickly get a beautiful vibrant color that matches what you’re looking for. There are both permanent and semi-permanent solutions in all the various shades of red.
We reviewed the red hair dyes on Amazon to find the very best of the best, based on how long they lasted, how true the colors were to the description and what the reviewers thought of them.
The dyes we selected all average 5 stars so we made sure to recommend the ones that can really get the job done.
The Best Red Hair Dye Products
1. Garnier Hair Color Nutrisse Nourishing Creme, 66 True Red (Pomegranate)
You might like a hair color that provides a permanent result. That’s particularly true if your profession rotates around modeling and beauty. If that’s true, you undoubtedly wish to get a solid hair color. This one is that type of hair color.
To begin, it’s a permanent type of red hair dye in a crème. It can nurture as well as color the hair all at once. It includes natural components like avocado, olive, and shea oil.
- Radiates lush, luminous color that lasts a long time
- Manages even hair that is totally gray
- Includes lots of fruit oil concentrates
- Permeates deep inside hair fibers
- Conditions the hair, so the color goes on better
- Not suitable for delicate skin
- Can’t work on a few hair types
To be confident of the top outcomes long range, this truly is the hair color you really can’t afford to miss. This red hair color formula guarantees to fade slower.
2. Schwarzkopf Color Ultime Hair Color Cream, 5.22 Ruby Red
Schwarzkopf Color Ultime Hair Color Cream is second place on the list of top red hair color dyes. This exceptional permanent dye provides the hair with a vivid shade for nine weeks and delivers a fruitful, vibrant outcome.
This hair dye is an excellent choice for women wanting a more “grown-up’ sort of red. Its wine-red hair mixes nicely with either cool or warm skin tones. The people who’ve used it say it delivers a top-notch outcome, and there is no requirement for bleaching hair before coloring it.
- Resists fading
- Bright, luminous, and lasts a long time
- Works well with all hair types
- Includes a small amount of Ammonia
- Permeates more into the hair roots
- Not appropriate for weak kinds of hair
- Might damage hands, so gloves should be worn.
Schwarzkopf Color Ultime Permanent Hair Color Cream is undoubtedly a top red hair dye that is offered for sale.
3. Arctic Fox Vegan and Cruelty-Free Semi-Permanent Hair Color Dye (Wrath, Poison)
Are you searching for a vivid red hair color to provide your hair with a fiery appearance? Arctic Fox Vegan and cruelty-free demi-permanent hair dye is just the thing. This vegan dye is simple to put on and is available in several shades. The kit comes with bleach. Plus, it is inexpensive.
Many folks have said Arctic Fox’s hair color lasts a long time, and it does not end up turning a horrid orange when it begins to fade.
- Gentle to hair
- Smells nice
- Vegan produced
- Simple to utilize
- Lasts a longer time than some other dye types.
- Will fade quicker if you expose your hair to sunlight too much
- Works best if the hair is bleached
Arctic Fox Vegan and Cruelty-Free Demi-Permanent Hair Color Dye is the premier excellent smelling hair dye on our list. Additionally, the brand gives fifteen percent of its profits to help animal-cruelty operations.
4. L’Oreal Paris Feria Multi-Faceted Shimmering Permanent Hair Color, R48 Red Velvet
Feria Multi-Faceted hair color is a type of permanent red hair color that provides the hair with a stunning red color, and it doesn’t wreck or ravage it. This red dye made by L’Oréal is true-to-color, mainly if used along with hair of a medium-brown hue.
This skillfully mixed dye formula delivers glistening and vivid color, so you get a natural look. You may bleach the hair first if you feel like your hair to have that extra pop; however, you don’t have to do so with this hair dye made by L’Oréal.
- Lasts a long time
- No Ammonia
- Permanent hair dye
- Has a powerful shimmering conditioner
- It may hurt the skin, so wear some gloves
- Does not work with all kinds of hair
- Fades with a few kinds of hair.
As with other kinds of red hair dyes, Feria Multi-Faceted Shimmering Permanent Hair Color has advantages and disadvantages. Still, L’Oréal is well-known for producing Top-notch beauty products. This permanent hair color from Feria is worth you trying it out.
5. Manic Panic Vampire Red Hair Dye – Classic High Voltage – Semi Permanent Hair Color – Deep Blood Red Shade With Burgundy Tones – For Dark & Light Hair
Manic Panic is a perfect selection for someone searching for a cherry color of red hair dye and any additional shade, however no for any permanent solution. It is usually used as a cream formula that goes on the hair smoothly and delivers a lush and vivid color.
This brand is a favorite of goths and punks. If your hair is dark, you should lighten it before using this hair color. Manic Panic Vampire red hair dye doesn’t hurt your hair and it lasts a long time and washes out easily too.
- Moisturizes hair
- Enhances and rebuilds the natural hair
- Delivers a vibrant and pure shade
- No dangerous chemicals
- Totally vegan
- Is not permanent
- Necessitates exceptional application abilities
- Can’t work with some types of hair
Manic Panic Vampire Red Hair Dye is a special dye, although if you’re seeking a longer-lasting or a permanent resolution, this cream won’t work for your hair. We’ve got numerous options on our list, which last a longer timeframe.
6. L’Oreal Paris Superior Preference Fade-Defying + Shine Permanent Hair Color, RR-07 Intense Red Copper
Coloring and recoloring the hair often might not be very convenient. That’s the reason it is a good idea to get a potent hair color dye. That’s the sole method to ensure you get beautifully created red-colored hair that lasts a long time and has dimension and depth.
Contemplate trying L’Oréal Paris Superior Preference Permanent Hair Color. It’s the product that, because of its component composition and formulation, is remarkably appropriate for those results.
- Reliable and trustworthy brand beginning from 1973
- Resists fading as well as unfashionableness
- The system is very shining to the hair
- Come in more than fifty radiant colors
- Handles gray correspondingly well
- Might not ensure identical results after eight weeks
- Susceptible to errors which could compromise its final quality
The conclusion is obvious, L’Oréal Paris Superior Preference Permanent Red Hair Color is undoubtedly a worthy colleague if you intend to color hair frequently for a longer timeframe. Its permanent description of its results is exceptionally alluring.
7. Adore Semi-Permanent Haircolor #064 Ruby Red 4 Ounce
Adore Demi-Permanent hair color dye is our final review product. The shade delivers a brilliant and sparkly red color to the hair, and it tenderly conditions it, so you get a soft feel to your hair.
Adore’s Ruby Red demi-permanent hair dye is loved by skilled hairstylists. You can mix it with additional hair colors to customize the perfect hue, and it also will last an extended timeframe. It might necessitate bleach, so you get a very stunning red color to the hair, which makes it stick a lot better.
- Demi-permanent hair dye
- Provides the hair with a gorgeous, sensual feel
- Safe to utilize without needing gloves
- No Ammonia
- No hydrogen peroxide
- Simple to apply
- There is not any developer in this product
- Might trigger a head rash
8. Naturtint Permanent Hair Color – 9R Fire Red, 5.28 fl oz
Because you may not want your hair to be free of any chemicals or future damages, you want a reliable dye. This dye is specially formulated for such circumstances and use. It delivers permanent red hair color and is also free of harsh chemicals.
By opting for it, you stand to accrue the benefits of beautiful and radiant color. This is to say that it is healthy for your hair simply! Moreover, it is also quite affordable and hence will not break your bank at all.
- Available in 29 mixable shades
- Covers gray hair/areas entirely in one application
- Restores softness
- Adds shine and vitality
- Does not contain harsh chemicals
- Lasts only 2-3 weeks according to some
- Not so effective when compared to other dyes
For the safety of your sensitive skin, you want to befriend such a chemical-free red hair dye. You also want to enjoy its beautiful and radiant color together with health outcomes.
9. Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Hair Color, 4RC Dark Copper Red
If you intend to show off your red hair to the public or are a career model, you want shiny and glossy red hair. These can only be guaranteed by a dye specially designed and formulated to deliver those end results.
This is the role that this particular dye is intended to meet or achieve. It has an intense red copper color, which stays permanent on your hair. Moreover, it also sticks well to your hair.
- Ensures even coverage from the roots to lengths
- Easily achieves depth and tones in one application
- Treats roots and lengths separately as in the salons
- Exudes seamlessly blended red hair color
- Delivers professional outcomes
- Requires you to possess great skill to apply
- You may easily make a mistake during the application process
- Unsuitable for those who have 30% or more grey hair content
Red Hair Dye Buyer’s Guide and FAQs
Is red hair dye damaging?
Red hair dying may or may not be damaging, depending on your application skills. Red dye pigments are made of large molecules that take longer to dissolve in your hair. That means you need expertise in applying any red dye. You are also advised to avoid some of the following mistakes for the best results.
One of the mistakes to avoid is washing the newly dyed hair too soon. As mentioned early, the red dye takes a long time to dissolve in your hair; thus, you need to give it time. Secondly, avoid DIY tricks. Look for the best professional to get the best results and avoid embarrassments.
What brand of red hair dye lasts longest?
To avoid embarrassment, you need a dye that can last for long. Finding such a dye in a world full of different brands that are competing with each other is hard. That is why we recommend L’Oreal Paris as the best brand that sells the best red hair dye that you can trust. From their wide range of categories, you can pick from semi-permanent dyes to permanent dyes that can last for the longest time possible.
What is the best red hair dye for dark hair?
Dark skin people are always compassionate when it comes to choosing the best dye for their hair. If you have dark skin, you need a hair dye that will match your face perfectly and make you look amazing. Manic Panic vampire red dye is a tested dye that has proved to work. It has pigments that blend well with your skin color, making you look good and attractive. It is one of the best dyes that you can use with any other ingredients, thus suitable for running on a tight budget.